SwiStudium has a great opportunity for an experienced Quality Engineer to join a Manufacturing Company deeply rooted in Ticino.
Our Client is a leading manufacturer of custom micro-components for medical devices and other highly specialized applications with a global client base and multiple production sites in Asia.
The Company is now experiencing a phase of growth and development, and is seeking a motivated candidate to fill the role of
who will align his personal strengths to the common targets of the Group.
The position will be a key part of the Engineering, Quality and Production team seeking to optimize the manufacturing process and quality assurance of both legacy and next generation products.
This mission will be fulfilled through the following responsibilities::
- Providing support to manufacturing and process engineering ensuring consistent application of Quality methods and techniques – target to improve the Key Performance Indicators
- Addressing quality issues (process and material related) by identifying problems, coordinating root-cause analyses, examining solution options with manufacturing and process engineering, and following up of action plans
- Effectively communicating and reinforcing commitment to quality improvement efforts
- To align Quality Policies, Objectives and Processes into the global business plants by transferring competences and “Swissness” is a main goal
- Driving the supplier qualification process in order to ensure supply base is fully qualified and compliant both on Company as well as on manufacturing process level
- Supervising inspection methods for incoming material
- Managing periodical calibration of production testing equipment and tools and performing Measurement System Analysis (MSA) to ensure consistency of methods with reference to client requirements
- Managing operatively the Non Conformities (internal and from third parties)
- Monitoring of Production both in terms of data collection, reporting and in the field (“hands on”, very operative) including periodic auditing to drive continuous improvement of process capabilities
- Performing internal QMS (Quality Management System) audits and promote use of appropriate problem solving techniques for effective root cause analysis and successful corrective action
- Providing guidance and support to operational management through quality expertise leading and facilitating the optimization of new product industrializations
Above all else, a “hands on” dynamic approach! In addition to below requirements, the ideal candidate is someone extremely operative who observes production quality directly in the field as much as through the data
- Bachelor’s Technical Degree in Quality Assurance, Industrial Technology, Manufacturing/Process Engineering or related field
- Proven experience with ISO 9001 standards
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and Italian
- Knowledge of electronics, electro-magnetics, magnetics is a plus
- Proven track record of driving continuous product and process quality improvement in a manufacturing environment
- Experienced in leading supplier audits and non-conformities from customer claims
- Good communication, influencing, planning and analytical skills
- A dynamic, broad-minded, result-oriented and team-oriented personality
- When necessary, willing to travel to other production sites and clients world-wide for short periods
The person we would like to meet is capable to establish a personal power base built on mutual trust, fairness, and honesty, to maintain productive relationships and networks, utilizing them to further the interests of the Company.
Someone who knows how to lead by example and will be as comfortable on the production floor getting to the root of an issue as they are behind a computer analysing and reporting their findings.
You are an assertive and solutions oriented problem solver. You readily offer opinions and take action even when your position may be unpopular. Strong backbone.